- The community of Faith gathers to give praise and thanks to God. Each mass requires the help and dedication of many people. Some of the key players in every mass are: Eucharistic Minister- Delegated to distribute Holy Communion to the faithful during Mass. Lector: A reader who proclaims the Word of God at Masses as well as at other liturgical services. Hospitality Minister: welcomes and greets parishioners, takes up the collection, sees that the gifts are brought to the altar, hands out bulletins, and other needs as they arise. Altar Servers assist the celebrant with the movement of the liturgy at weekend Masses. Sacristan: prepares and sets up the vessels to be used at each Mass.
- July - September 2018 Schedule
- Stewardship Form
- Ministry Booklet; Eucharistic Ministers; Gift Bearers; Usher; Altar Server
: It is EXTREMELY important that if you are unable to minister to please call for your replacement. Please remember to sign in on the sheet located outside the sacristy. If you are unable to minister as scheduled, please call someone on the list (if you need a list please email or call the office) to cover for you.
• Eucharistic Ministers – please make sure all spots have been filled before Mass.
• Altar Servers – please make sure 2 servers have signed in before Mass.
• Lectors – please make sure both lectors are present before Mass.
• Hospitality Ministers - arrive 15-20 minutes before Mass & greet parishioners in the vestibule as they enter church. Please try to acknowledge each person as they arrive.
• Ushers – when Father begins the Creed go to the back of Church. 1 usher goes to get the bulletins (if not at the table, they are in the cabinet in the sacristy above the sink) when 1 usher has returned then all 4 ushers process up the center aisle together & bow at the altar. 1 usher goes to each side/wing & begins the basket with the 1st pew & collects it at the last pew. Leave bulletins at the side doors. 2 ushers collect from the center aisle. Begin 1 basket with the 1st pew & the 2nd basket at the 7th pew. Collect your baskets at the 6th & last pews. All ushers empty their baskets into 1 larger basket to be carried with the gifts. If no gift bearers are available to carry the gifts, the ushers should do so. When Father starts the concluding rite, go to the doors & prepare to hand out bulletins as parishioners are leaving. **If parishioners are standing, please assist them in finding a seat, you may need to ask for everyone to “move in” to make more room. 5 minutes before Mass begins, if no one is seated in the handicap pew & parishioners are still standing, please inform them that they may sit in this pew.
• Gift bearers – have been assigned for Masses. When the ushers begin the collection, please go to the gift table.